Monday, 24 June 2013

Tues 25th - Off to Cairns

OOOOOoooooooo I like flying!

So up at sparrows fart with the Marks clan and dropped off on the school run at the station.

Must thank Gary and Lynn for putting me up. I thoughtfully had brought a gift with me.... my washing. Doh what a bad Uncle. Both the guys took the day off work yesterday even with Lynn and kids buggering off to SA at the end of the week. Thank you so much Markses and see you in 2016 if not before.

Right back to the train. 8am to Perth, train packed.... felt like home..... AND RAIN AGAIN. why train and not taxi? well I had a few hours to kill and very much wanted to test out the public transport. Off at Perth approx 8:40 then bus to airport. Well the bus arrived at 9:10 and got to the airport at about 10:00 after going round ALL the houses. My message to Perth is to wake up and get someway of getting from the airport to town easily! It should only take 10 mins. Silly city planners, Wilf wouldn't have let it happen....

So I'm typing, guess where I am? Quantas lounge. The guys here haven;t really heard about the Lions and Rugby so my Guilivers lounge pass was greated with some confusion but accepted nevertheless.

Another observation of Perth.
There are shed loads of British and South Africans.
Loads.
I suspect the Aussies are outnumbered.
So.... Rugby Union stands a chance of taking over from AFL (Aussie footie)..... maybe!


Btw it's a mid-week game today so Lynn's gone into work wearing her Welsh shirt to show solidarity with the Lions! (the chap waving is Shane) Good luck Australia......


Arrived in Cairns latish. Got off plane at 10:10 and met the chaps after having booked into the hotel by 11:10 in the Rattle an Hum on Cairns Esplanade.A couple of welcome back drinks and off to a well deserved rest.





No comments:

Post a Comment