Match starts at 8pm.....
We started with a little shopping including the purchase of some Aussie phones..... OMG it's like going back to the dark ages, no touch screen, tapping 4 times for a letter s, the Old days.
Malcolm spotted this understated Aussie advertising.
OK so after Malcolm was interviewed for channel 10, the day pretty much went as expected - although cider being the chosen drink wasn't necessarily what I'd have guessed.
Right some random piccies, but will try to do some explanation.
Samsung S4 is an awesome phone - look at it's capabilities.....
An intro to three of the chaps on tour.
Left Malcolm - Old Sutt
Middle Wayne - Port Talbot
Right Wilf - Old Sutt
Wayne knows everyone! Although that wouldn't be difficult, I don;t think there's anyone left in Wales.
I felt hungry
So did a Lion
And to my left... is Ginger - Port Talbot. He's called ginger cause..... err well isn't it obvious?
I took one piccie of the match.It was pretty amazing.
The whole build up was amazing - soooo many red shirts.
The match was pretty amazing - soooo many red shirts
The result was pretty amazing - soooo many red shirts
The referee was ama.... errr a....... (put that in for Malc and Wilf!)
I've never felt so ill at a Rugby match and not due to the cider/squid combination from the 8 hours earlier. When Mr Beal put down his pint and stepped up to miss that last penalty there 25,000 people dressed in red who went through nearly every bloomin emotion imaginable.
Phew.
1-0
On to Melbourne
Well I say that, but of course our adventures continue taking us to alternate locations.
Late and back at the hotel bar started talking to the British Consol General based in Sydney.....of course I didn't realise who he was and had slightly confused hearing - but put it all together in the end. He watched the match as the guest of the president of Suncorp (it was played at the Suncorp stadium), how the other half live!! It was quite amazing Ginger politely forcing him to have a drink.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Chilcott
Tired bunnies all.
Night (although I am typing this the next day of course)







No comments:
Post a Comment