Saturday, 29 June 2013

Sun 30th June - AFL day

Right no more moping around.
Today is meet up with Emily (was Marketing Director at Long Tall Sally before heading back home to Aus), try not to shock her with the mass band of Port Talbot/Sutts chaps and then head to the MCG to watch some AFL (Assie rules).
Now we all know the rules to Aussie rules..... there are none! Well that's not entirely true there are many rules, but no-one actually knows what they really are. Like women and the off side rule........ errr apologies to anyone who might actually know it, but I challenge you!

Ahhh - so I haven't been very good today with the piccies.
Emily took me down to St Kilda beach and we went for a wander before fish and chips looking out to sea. Great to meet up again and put the world to rights & finding more and more our about the differences between UK and Aussietralia. Thanks Em for the tour and lunch, see you soon.

56k people turned up and the MCG was only just over half full, $20 for a ticket pretty impressive and sit anywhere - well anywhere in certain sections, I think....
OK so my piccie taking is getting worse I admit!


Went for a Chinese in Chinatown with Shane Williams - the little Welsh Wizard - he had special fried rice - the rest of the group weren't impressed, errr not by his choice of food as special fried rice is very nice, although I prefer Keema rice but that would be at an Indian.

OK the Singy woman from last night has arrived in the bar so it's defo ni nite time.
Sydney tomorrow and the last leg of the tour.
COME ON THE LIONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment